Molly

Friday, November 16, 2012

Favourite Things

I've said it before, living in Canada and celebrating Thanksgiving in October gives more time to the beloved Christmas season.  I've been thinking and planning Christmas stuff since mid October, and it's finally getting to the point where it's not too early to start doing them.  I'm going to cover all of our holiday stuff in the coming weeks, but in the mean time I am resting up a bad back, and prepping for some of my family to be here in the great white north celebrating American Thanksgiving.

So, last weekend the ladies from my ward got together for our monthly ladies night.  This one was one I didn't want to miss, as it was a bring your favourite thing, white elephant swap.  It was seriously SO fun, and really got me thinking.  So, I figure I'd share my "favourite things" with you.

1. Maybeline One by One Mascara
Several months ago I had run out of mascara, and was at the store trying to figure out which mascara to buy.  I wasn't set on a particular kind, and was looking for a good deal.  I saw Maybellines One by One on sale and decided to give it a try.  Seriously, it is hands down my favourite mascara!  It gives me such great volume without losing my length.  Buy it and try it, you won't be disappointed.
 
 
2. Pampered Chef Medium Cookie Scoop

After we got married, I bought the only cookie scoop our Wal Mart had to offer.  It was plastic, and broke immedietely, yet I kept using it and even bough another, which also broke immediately because I loved the idea so much.  When my Birthday rolled around this year, my mom asked me what I wanted.  I told her a Pampered Chef cookie scoop.  When I got my cookie scoop, I initially thought it was too big.  Shane told me to try it, and that we'd get a smaller one if it wasn't the best size.  I'm glad I did, it is the perfect size.  I use it for lots of baking.  It's perfect not only to scoop cookies, but muffin and cupcake batter is no longer a mess all over.
 
 
3.  Scash Licorice Spice Tea

I attended a class several weeks ago, and decided to grab a cup of tea.  I grabbed a random tea packet out of the sampler box and looked at the name.  I love licorice and decided to give it a whirl.  It was AMAZING!!!!!  I naturally bought some for our house, and have also sent some to my grandparents(who taught me to love licorice).  If you're a fan of licorice, buy this and try it, you WON'T be disappointed, I promise!
 
 
4.  Finding Mr. Bright

Last Christmas I was introduced to the idea of colour corrector under eye foundation.  I found myself in Sephora looking for the perfect fit.  At the time Samuel was up more times at night that I'd like to admit, and the dark circles under my eyes were BAD!  The lady helping me showed me this kit that coincidentially was on sale.  I bought it and LOVE every part of it.  I've run out of the liquid blush and need to get myself some more.  It's amazing!
 
5.  Nivea Soft

I thought winters in Utah were dry, until I moved to Canada.  My poor skin has no hope.  I grabbed some of this last winter to use as a face cream, and from time to time will take the luxury of using it on my hands.  It is like creamy silk.  I love it, it's not too expensive, and feels oh so luxurious.
 


6. doTerra Peppermint Essential Oil
This stuff is my #1 go to for any ailment I have now.  Headaches, congestion, cold sores, emotional stress, bad breath, nausea, cramps (stomach or lady), candy making, the list goes on and on.  It's amazing, natural, and has a nice cooling sensation to it.  One drop is the equivelent to 28 cups of peppermint tea.  No home should be without it. 
 
 
7.  the Diva Cup

This is probably the #1 thing that has changed.my.life.  Seriously, before you get all grossed out about it, hear me out.  I read about a friend using it via her blog, and was interested in it for almost a year before my cycle came back.  I bought one and will never go back.  I never have to worry about having supplies, leaking, or that nasty smell or mess that comes along with my monthly.  I don't feel anything, and look forward to my cycle coming because I love my diva oh so much.  Ok, enough.
 
 
8.  The Happiness Project

My grandma sent me this book over the summer and I loved every word.  This woman is a genius and will inspire you and put a smile on your face.  I've recentaly read her sequel Happier At Home, and say stick to the original, you won't be disappointed.
 


So, there you go, my favourite things for 2012.  I'd recommend getting any one of them(aside from the diva cup) as gifts, not to mention they(yet again for the diva cup) are all under $20. 













What are some of your favourite things?

2 comments:

Brittany said...

LOVE One by One mascara. Seriously, it's amazing!,

Patience said...

i blogged about it on LP2.0, and seriously, Mindy, olive oil as a moisturizer is AMAZING. change my life amazing. i use it on my whole body, even my face. a little goes a long way and is better than any product i have used so far. i need to get some peppermint oil!